- Jos Buttler. In record breaking form, as England took the series win against Pakistan. Buttler’s 46-ball century was the fastest ever in English one-day cricket.
- Novak Djokovic. Imperious in London. Yet again. Djokovic beat Federer to the ATP Tour World Title, claiming a record fourth victory in a row.
- Eddie Jones. The latest coach appointed to lead England’s RFU side is an Aussie with a lot on his plate. We’ll wait and see whether he can turn the team around.
- Athlete activism. Kenyan runners have occupied the headquarters of Athletics Kenya, citing corruption concerns at the organisation.
In the relegation zone
- South African hockey. Out of the Rio Olympics, after the national governing body and national Olympic committee disagree on the route to qualification.
- Security fears. This weekend’s Davis Cup final between Britain and Belgium will go ahead, despite security concerns.
- Fifa. The organisation’s ethics committee has confirmed that outgoing president Sepp Blatter will face a formal hearing.