- Marinko Matosevic, who won his first grand slam match in 13 attempts. And celebrated like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeeeYzC_TYs – what a guy.
- Danny Cipriani, recalled to the England Squad for the tour of New Zealand and determined to make his mark after 6 years in the wilderness: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/27596972
- The Women’s Sport Trust, whose #BeAGameChanger event attracted some of the biggest names in sport on Wednesday evening. You go girls! http://www.sportsister.com/2014/05/29/clare-balding-calls-on-beagamechanger-audience-to-make-some-trouble/
- Boxing. In the build-up to Froch v Groves take II this weekend, boxing seems once again to have captured the nation’s interest, and this one’s really splitting opinion: http://www1.skysports.com/frochgroves2/story/30692/9325191/froch-v-groves-ii–we-asked-fighters-and-famous-sky-faces-to-give-us-their-pick
In the relegation zone
- Friendly rivalry, as the rivalry between teammates Hamilton and Rosberg at Mercedes seems to have turned, um, unfriendly http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/may/24/mercedes-lewis-hamilton-nico-rosberg-clash-f1
- Rigorous drug testing, as Chris Froome claims to not have been tested at all whilst on a training camp in the build up to the Tour de France http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/10863247/UCI-launches-investigation-after-Chris-Froome-criticises-lack-of-drugs-testing-in-build-up-to-Tour-de-France.html
- The Great British Summer: after the weather this week, you’ll forgive us if we’ve forgotten that sunshine is even a thing… http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/